Technical Support Engineer
Our drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future. Join us and help set the world in motion! Welcome to Bosch Rexroth.
Kassow Robots develops and produces lightweight 7-axis cobots. Whether it’s CNC, pick & place, gluing, labeling, or palletizing, all five cobot models from the young Copenhagen-based company are used successfully in industry. Bosch Rexroth became our majority shareholder at the end of April 2022.
You love robotics? Is technical support your passion? Value freedom within your job? Then you’ve come to the right place! You can organize your work from home and have a lot freedom in how you work. What do we expect of you? Service orientation, enthusiasm and, of course, technical know-how.
You will be part of our growth story and the main contact for tech support partners / distributors in the NA region. Come on board the Kassow Robots NA Team!
The Technical Support Engineer works closely with the Kassow Sales team and our Channel Partners as the primary technical product support interface via phone, email, and in-person. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Equip our Distribution Partners with the expertise to ensure that Kassow Robots are successfully applied/implemented to modern machinery and equipment for automation, assembly, test, material flow, etc.
- Support distributors partners by providing them with the knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair robotic products primarily on a remote basis for the customers. Act as a secondary resource to confirm the distributor’s initial finding and diagnosis.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Educate, demonstrate, and present key product capabilities, functionality and advantages to partners and represent Kassow Robots at the various trade fairs.
- Together with the NA sales team, you present the cobots to potential new partners, and hold user and partner training courses (in person as well as remote)
- You communicate in a targeted manner with our Sales Team and Global Tech Support in Prague to also resolve difficult issues swiftly and competently.
- Assist with product documentation and technical materials
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions
- Identify and suggest improvements to products and processes
- You think outside the box and contribute ideas on how we can become even better at Tech Support.
- You handle requests via our ticket system, warranty processing and spare parts.
- Travel Requirement: up to 40% travel within the region.
- Preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Robotics, or a related field. Minimum, A technical with comparable training (e.g., as a technician)
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the robotics or automation industry
- Experience meeting customer needs by defining and supporting the best electric drive and control solution
- Experience in robot programming Knowledge of robotics and automation systems
- Experience in troubleshooting for robot applications
- Knowledge of SPS programming, industrial interfaces (e.g., Profinet) or use of open communication standards (fieldbus and higher-level protocols C++)
- Use of sizing/selection software tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial driven mindset
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
- Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
How to apply for this position?
If you want to apply for the position, send us your application with CV. We process applications received on a continuous basis and call for an interview. Submit your application as soon as possible.